This chai latte recipe is really easy to make and it tastes delicious. Like a chai latte is suppose to taste – spicy, sweet and foamy!
You can make it in 5 mins. and you only need three ingredients: a good chai tea bag, some almond milk and a sweetener.
Now there’s a trick to this recipe that makes it extra easy and allows you to get more out of your tea bag. In fact, you can make twice as many chai lattes doing it this way.
So what’s the trick? It’s pretty simple, so simple I can’t believe I haven’t thought of doing it before. Instead of infusing the tea bag in water, you want to open the bag and pour the chai spices into the almond milk and let them infuse here. This gives a much stronger flavor and allows you to make two chai lattes with only 1 tea bag.
If you drink a lot of chai lattes (like I do), this method can save you some money as organic chai tea bags can be a little expensive.
Below are a few extra tips to make sure you get the best chai latte possible.
Tips to create the best chai latte using a tea bag & almond milk.
Choose a good organic chai tea. If you want to be sure there’s no pesticides in your tea, go for an organic brand as regular teas can contain a surprisingly high amount of pesticides (1) I normally use Pukka’s Original Chai or Vanilla Chai Tea which is caffeine free. Another great brand that makes organic chai tea in bags is Yogi.
Add extra cinnamon if the color is too pale. Depending on the chai tea you use, the color can differ. If the color of the chai latte is too white, add a tsp of cinnamon, this gives it a nice touch of beige.
Choose a good almond milk or make your own. I’ve found that the taste of almond milks can vary greatly from brand to brand, so be sure you use an almond milk that taste good. I normally make my own as I like the tastes of the homemade version the best. In the recipe notes you can see how to make almond milk yourself.
If you like this chai latte recipe, then please share it, pin it or leave a comment below. Thanks!
- 2,5 cups (600ml) almond milk* (or your milk of choice)**
- 1 organic chai tea bag from Pukka or your favorite brand
- Stevia, honey or your favorite sweetener
- Optional: cinnamon for topping and color
- Add almond milk to a pot
- Open the chai tea bag by cutting of the top and add the spices to the milk
- Add your favorite sweetener and heat up the milk while you whisk it well. This will create a layer of froth on the top
- When the almond chai milk is hot, pour it through a strainer to remove the spices. If you have more time you can also let the chai spices infuse longer in the milk to create a stronger flavor
- Serve in two cups and sprinkle with cinnamon on top if desired
**Not all plant-based milks make good froth. Soy milk, cashew milk and most store-bought coconut milks create a nice froth. Skip rice milk as this does not make froth.
Tip: This chai latte also tastes great cold, so if you have any leftovers, put it in the fridge and enjoy a cold chai latte later.