Homemade cashew butter is easy to make and a lot cheaper than the premade version you find in most stores.
You can use a high speed blender or food processor to make it. Sometimes I use my coffee grinder if I only need a small amount. Depending on the type of blender or food processor, it will take a while (8-10 mins) for the cashews to turn into cashew butter so you need a little patience. Just keep blending and it will happen.
Below the recipe you can see pictures of the process from last time I made raw cashew butter in my small food processor.
How to use: enjoy your homemade cashew butter alone (like you would with peanut butter), or use it as spread on bread or crackers, in your smoothies, soups, or mix it with water to make cashew milk.
Raw Cashew Butter Recipe
- 2 cups of cashews (240g.)
- Add the cashews to a high speed blender or food processor and blend. After a minute or two, the cashews turn into a paste that starts to stick to the sides.
- When the blender starts spinning without being able to reach the paste, stop the blender and scrape down the paste from the sides. Then blend again. You will need to repeat this several times.
- When the paste gets smooth enought for the blender to keep running, continue to blend until you have a creamy cashew butter*. Remember to give the blender a brake so it doesn't overheat.
- Store your homemade cashew butter in an airtight glass jar.
The phases: from cashews to cashew butter.
Below you can see how it looked last time I made raw cashew butter in my small food processsor. The first picture is after I’ve blended the cashews for about 30sec-1 min. It took around 10 mins. for the cashews to turn into a smooth cashew butter (last picture).
If you have any questions about how to make cashew butter, feel free to ask in the comment box below. Also, if you like this raw cashew butter recipe, than please share it, pin it or leave a comment. Thanks!